1.17.2017

Is There Really Such A Thing As Coincidence?


Some time ago, I woke up about 2:30ish for some unknown reason. 

For some unknown reason I picked up my phone to have something to do until I felt I could fall asleep again.

I pressed the Facebook app and immediately found two prayer requests and needs. 

My friend Molly, who had been struggling simply to live after being taken to the hospital with a disease of unknown origin, needed to be rested in order to get off her ventilator, but she was not resting.

A prayer request for immediate prayers to help her sleep soundly were needed.

I stopped and immediately prayed fervently for the rest Molly needed - as I had prayed for her daily - hourly - since she had been taken to the hospital. I also asked my Facebook friends to pray for her as well.

Next morning, I found that Molly was able to rest enough that her ventilator could be removed.

In another post, my friend Julie - also undergoing firey trials of late regarding employment, illness/injury and budget needed some firewood. In the winter, she and her husband heat their small home with firewood and had been unable to collect enough because of their current circumstances. 

Immediately I not only stopped and prayed for their circumstances, but put a request on my Facebook page for the needed wood. I then messaged Julie and told her we would be happy to help her with her need. In the next several weeks my friend Nancy and I both were able to provide their household with wood for heating. Not long after which, Julie got a job she is truly happy with and her husband is in recovery from a previous illness.

There is much talk (and instances) of Facebook as a source of 'Fake News', bullying and hate. I could choose to see those things, get sick of Facebook and leave the platform, but instead, I choose to see it as a force for good through the potential for evangelism and as a prayer circle. Many, many times when I haven't been able to sleep I pray. I pray for close friends, requests from church and those I can remember I have seen posted on the walls of other Facebook friends.

I am an absolute BELIEVER in the power of prayer and you will see why if you read other posts in my blog. To me, Facebook provides an excellent way of alerting my friends for MY prayer needs, but also - and mainly - to see and respond to the needs of my friends.

In the words of Paul (Ephesians 6:18-20)


Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19) And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20) For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therin I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. This blog is moderated by the author. Your comment will be reviewed and may or may not be posted by the author.