8.24.2016

The Importance of Evangelism


This morning as I was doing my farm chores, I chose to fertilize some of my berry bushes with water from the duck pond.
It's been very dry lately and as I gently poured the water over the roots, I noted that more water would run off than soak in to the roots. The more I watered, however, and the more damp the ground got, the more water soaked in.

I couldn't help but relate that to the Word of the Lord. Many people - like I was - are hardened to hearing the Word; maybe they feel they don't need Jesus because they're doing fine on their own, or they just don't want to let go of their past and believe Jesus can heal their hearts - whatever the reason, the Word runs off. These are the people who need to hear the Word over and over - again like I - to soften their hearts before finally being able to accept the full measure of the redeeming grace that Jesus Christ provides.

This is why gentle evangelism is important. The more we talk about the work of the Lord in our own lives and the more often a non-believer is exposed to these stories, the better the chances are that he or she will want to hear more. Jesus knocks at the door of all of our hearts, it's just that he often uses us as the doorknocker. We must be ready and willing to spread the Word when we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. This blog is moderated by the author. Your comment will be reviewed and may or may not be posted by the author.